Saturday, March 12, 2011

Think before you speak

Went out a couple of times lately solo with the trio and the continual comments of, "Wow, you have your hands full" were more than irritating and I really wanted to smack someone for their stupid comments, so maybe the following brief conversations would not have been as bad

Was at the chiropractor (for the first time ever) yesterday finally getting this back pain assessed.  As I was waiting, a couple people commented on the kids. 

Older lady:  "Are they twins?"
Me:  "Yes, m'am."
Older lady:  "I couldn't imagine having two the same age."
Her friend:  "I saw a lady with three that were so close in age, I just don't understand why someone would want to do that."
Older lady:  "How old are they?"
Me:  "My oldest is three and the twins are two."
Older lady and friend:  "Wow."

Man:  "Are they twins?"
Me:  "Yes, they are."
Man:  "I wasn't sure, because they don't look alike."
Me:  No response.  You're right they are not identical; one is a boy and one is a girl.  And they do not have the same colored eyes, hair, and facial features what so ever.


Nope, I do not see any similarities what so ever.  None.
People should really think before they speak.

4 comments:

  1. How annoying! Makes you want to slap people sometimes!

    I have a twin brother and we got the "they don't look identical" thing a lot. Once from a health teacher and biology teacher! You can't be identical if you aren't the same sex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh carrie i agree the things people ask, and think they deserve an answer, would nt you just like to respond the way you think...i would but the then im like sigh why bother...the pictures are awsome i i have not been lurking written out many comments but i can almost never get them through:0( i have missed blogging with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People should really, really think sometimes. The older I get, the more I am convinced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are idiots...enough said.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just read, say something! Sorry, I had to add the word verification - I am being spammed.