Monday, October 24, 2011

Addy's first conference

Tonight we had what I "thought" was a parent-teacher conference.  Thankfully, I live a two minute drive away, because I had to go get Addyson and bring her with to the "conference." 

Addy and I had to go through six stations.  Each station required Addy to complete some type of task.  I was to write down how she did on these tasks and when we completed them we turned them into the teacher who then gave us a "report card."  Addy was able to complete each station successfully (identify colors, write an "A," create 'mat man,' personal identification (doesn't know her bday or mommy and daddy's first name - I was really hoping to avoid this for another year), choose her name from a stack, and finally some cutting of shapes and identifying numbers 1 - 5. 

Her report card said she is emerging or met all of the areas except cutting.  She can cut, but does not get close enough to the line.  I have three scissors for each of the kids, but I have been too scared to bring them out.  But, looks like I am going to have to give up that fear. 

Other than cutting she needs some work on learning when and when not to speak.  She is quite the story teller and loves to share any and every thing with everyone, but she has never brought home anything but a green paper, so I have not been overly concerned. 

I'm pretty proud of all that she can do already and she has only been going to PreK for two months. 

A run down of her accomplishments (just want this list for comparison purposes):
  • Write her entire first name without any prompting
  • Spell her name verbally
  • Knows all of the primary colors
  • Identifies several shapes
  • Can count past 20 (just gets stuck on saying 20)
  • Can write and identify numbers 1 - 10
  • Knows how to spell her friend's first name (helps it is only three letters)
  • Knows her last name
  • Identifies all of the upper case letters
  • Identifies many of the lower case letters
  • Rhymes
  • Listens and identifies the beginning letters of words
I'm sure there is more, but this is the important stuff.  I will update with how the cutting practice goes soon....

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like she's doing great! when not to speak is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like she is really thriving! I think that's a great report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great too...don't worry about the cutting. Get these for the little ones and regular ones for Addy: http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Child-Safe-Scissor-Set/dp/B001G7119A/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1319798866&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete

Don't just read, say something! Sorry, I had to add the word verification - I am being spammed.