Saturday, July 9, 2011

Eleven

I have this "issue" with setting an alarm, where the number cannot be even or a multiple of 5.  For example, if I need to wake up at 5:30 I would possibly choose 5:29 or 5:31, but never 5:30.  Strange, I agree.  
 
Lately, Addyson has been on this kick with telling me how much longer she can do something and it is always the same number. 

Example:
Mommy:  "Addyson you can swim for 10 more minutes."
Addyson:  "How about 11 more minutes?"


Mommy:  "Addyson, you can play for a couple minutes before taking your nap."
Addyson:  "Can I play for 11 more minutes?"

She has chosen 11 as her number for an unknown reason, as there is nothing I would tell her or either one of the other monkeys in which I would choose 11.  I would choose multiples of 5 or maybe even the number 2, but never 11.  Maybe Addyson will have an interest in numbers and develop these strange number "issues" like her mommy.  Only time will tell. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so behind on reading, so I am doing a drive by comment! We have been out of town and are leaving again tomorrow.

    I'm excited for you with the whole move thing! It is so nice that there are nice people out there who are willing to let you borrow things when they don't even know you.

    However, I know you must be super tired with all that swimming and playing, and waking up early and schoolwork. Wow- talk about crazy!

    YAY YAY YAY for each child getting his/her own room!!!!! I know that will make nap and bedtime soooooo much easier. Or at least I hope it will. It will also give them their own spaces, so that they can have a little alone time or privacy as they get older. I know Lauren especially appreciates having her own space.

    Hope all goes well with the move. I hate moving. I am hoping to NEVER EVER move again. Of course, who knows where life may lead......

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too cute! I love to see how kids end up with some quirky mommy/daddy traits. We can already see in Hunter, some where he is SO like his parents (like licking the flavor off his dorito before eating it. That's how I eat it, however, I've never shown him that and the first time I gave him a dorito and he did it? I laughed!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...that's awesome. I hate to have the temperature in my house/car on an odd number!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just read, say something! Sorry, I had to add the word verification - I am being spammed.