Sunday, March 11, 2012

Circus

I mentioned that we had surprise in store for the kiddos.  Our neighbor convinced us to go to the circus (the kids have never been and I haven't been since I was probably in kindergarten) by giving us a little deal.  If all four of us adults went together we could get a free ticket for every child (we have three kiddos, they have two (one is not even one - so she didn't need a ticket either way).  After some discussions we decided we would try it out.  We didn't tell the kids until we passed a clown near the entrance and they had no idea what the circus was.  None!  I did some explaining about what they may see and Addyson was jumping up and down declaring that Dumbo is at the circus!  Eligh had a meltdown and feared seeing a lion and tiger.  Kinsley was doing whatever Addyson did. 

We arrived nearly an hour beforehand, which was great.  We parked, got our tickets, and picked seats (front row).



They had a jump house up, picture with a snake (no thank you), and rides on an elephant or ponies.  I let them each choose one activity as this is where the added costs came in.  Girls jumped up and down and screamed, "PONIES!!!"





Eligh sat with dad in his seat not wanting to participate in any of these up close with animal activities.  But, as soon as the girls and I finish their rides, Eligh wants to ride.  He was smiling from ear to ear.  This just doesn't capture his excitement.


By the time we got back to our seats and settled, we let them also pick out one gift.  Girls picked out some butterfly wands that light up and sing (foreign lady catchy tune that Cody has convinced me that it says:  "Aye ye ye yi, no need to effin cry....you can touch the sky).   Eligh picked out a light up gun that also makes noise (gun noises, not foreign music - phew). 



I snuck in some lunchables and cups of water for the kids to help cut the cost on food and only ended up buying on thing of cotton candy for the kids to share.

(popcorn in above picture was the neighbor's)

The show was three hours long and did not feel too long at all.  I definitely think we got our money's worth and will be going back again next year.  Especially considering as soon as we were leaving they all asked, "Can we do this again?"

1 comment:

  1. I love E's face on that pony!

    I think Cody's version of the song is better than any real song could be :)

    Looks like you guys had an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just read, say something! Sorry, I had to add the word verification - I am being spammed.