Saturday, December 18, 2010

Time out chair or steps - not for this one

Kinsley is the child that will push every single button until I want to explode with anger, exhaustion, and laughter because seriously she couldn't be that defiant?  WRONG!  Everyone that "knows" Kinsley knows she is a rough and tumble girl, and has earned the nickname, Bruiser, from the playplace at the gym.  If she keeps this up, I know that I won't have to worry about her defending herself and possibly her siblings. 

This evening after dinner, she was sneakily escaping to the wash machine and dryer and playing in the baskets.  Not my stuff, but it does irritate others, so I try to make sure she stays out of the way.  I asked her if she wanted to go in the wash machine, and she laughed and shouted, YEAH! 

Since the washing machine was still wet from that previous load, I decided the dryer would be a better solution.  I placed her inside for 5 seconds, and no I did NOT close the door, and she was blotchy faced from crying and clung to me desperately as soon as she was out. 

So....I have finally found a form of punishment that scares this "Bruiser."  The simple words, "Kinsley, you want to go in the dryer?" causes this girl to freak out.

Victory is FINALLY mine over this tough cookie!

3 comments:

  1. Every time I read about K, it's like I'm reading about Bean. Seriously, they are the same kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You MUST get a picture of her in the dryer...it's too good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for victory!

    I love the new blogging place :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't just read, say something! Sorry, I had to add the word verification - I am being spammed.