- Addyson told me, "You are the best mommy ever!" several times in the past couple of days. I wonder if she is trying to make sure she is on the "nice" list still.
- The kids and I truly enjoy the snow, but I DESPISE getting all three of them dressed to go play in it. I have to hold back cuss words as I try to get the twins' little thumbs in the thumb hole of their mittens, and all of Addy's fingers into her gloves. I bite my tongue, grit my teeth, and end up sweating by the time we get outside.
- I would rather spend 2 hours out in the snow than swimming with those three. I'm all about wearing clothing that I can hide under, and it is so much easier to watch them as they stand out so well in the snow.
- Addyson insisted on helping me shovel the patio and sidewalks, which she actually did a GREAT job. I just want to write this down so in about 10 years when I ask her to help I will remember that she actually enjoyed doing so. She has no idea that she is getting her very own snow shovel from Grandpa and Grandma.
- Either the kids are sleeping in, or I'm simply so exhausted that I don't hear them until 7:30.
- The downside to waking up later, means I'm less motivated to go to the gym, which I'm still going but not as happily as before.
- I have to threaten Eligh that he will NOT get to watch "Frosty" if he doesn't close his eyes and nap, and it works, but I have no idea what I'm going to do when winter passes.
- Speaking of "Frosty," I am enjoying the break from his ridiculously annoying obsession with the monotone "Thomas" movies.
- This past week I have found several possible rental houses, and many times when I call they are taken. Update your damn website, please! We have a handful of appointments made for the upcoming week, and let's hope one of them will be perfect and we can sign a lease and move sooner than later.
- On the moving front, found out that the Army decreased our allowance for housing by $21. No, that is not a lot, but when you consider how little Cody is paid, then ever little penny counts.
Friday, December 17, 2010
Friday Night Leftovers
Posted by Carrie27 at 3:42 PM