Monday, November 28, 2011

The uneventful birthday

The placement of my birthday is inconvenient for most as it can fall on Thanksgiving or any day surrounding it and for a while it has simply been another day and yesterday was no exception. 
A rundown of yesterdays events (ahem it was my birthday):
  • Wake up before Cody, get kids up and ready plus my niece and nephew who spent the night at my parents.  
  • Mom gives me gifts (score)
  • Dad makes breakfast (score)
  • My other nieces and nephews come over.  
  • I hold my 2 month old niece while everyone eats 
  • Finally eat mostly room temp homemade breakfast
  • Finish packing up the van, let the kids play
  • We drive six hours back to Missouri and arrive in town after two traffic jams around 4:30 PM
  • Cody heads into the store and gets a cake
  • Pick up dinner
  • Eat dinner with the kids (score)
  • They sing happy birthday, eat cake (score)
  • Unpack, laundry, and get everyone to bed
When did friends stop calling or at least text you on your birthday?  I think a FB comment from your closest friends is disheartening, if you ask me.  29 years old, sigh, I better find a way to enjoy my last year in the twenties, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I love your awesome birthday gift (from FB). I think that some people feel like a FB message is equivalent to a text... hmmm... never given that one too much thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that if it's a close friend, you can at LEAST text...whatever happened to sending cards too? Happy belated birthday...my sister's baby shower has knocked me WAY out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just read, say something! Sorry, I had to add the word verification - I am being spammed.