Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Birthday eve

The night before another birthday for me has approached.  The year of 30 truly turned out to be the year of me, and it was not the plan.  In the past year I have finally put myself first, and wow, what a difference that has happened.  

In the past year I have grown a more loving, encouraging, and positive perspective.  Looking back I can see how much of a negative space I was in.  I found the right people at the right time of my life and it has been such the turn around.  It is true that we often behave in similar ways as the company we keep.  I found honest, family first, Christian, fit women who have changed my perspective on soooooo much.  I am humbled to have found them, to have been welcomed, encouraged, loved, and supported in a time I did not even know that I needed.  

I have had a closed off attitude to God and religion, and just recently (like a couple months ago) started opening back up and realizing that I don't have to practice in the way I was raised, and that it is so much more than I ever thought.  My heart is open and I am learning (slowly, but learning). 

By putting myself first, I have been a much better person all around, especially as a mother and a wife.  I have learned to let go of some of the guilt I created, and accept this life I live is MINE.  I need to do the things that make me happy, something I haven't always allowed myself to do.  

Tomorrow, I don't want anything, or expect anything, but I will celebrate this past year and hope this upcoming year will be another year full of happiness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read, say something! Sorry, I had to add the word verification - I am being spammed.