The other night Cody and I had to finalize the dates transportation will come for their three pick ups.
First we have to have them pick up our unaccompanied baggage (this baggage is supposed to arrive soon after we arrive, and can only be 500 pounds).
Second comes the packers for our house hold goods (half of our belongings - that may take 1-4 months to arrive).
Finally, they come to pack up the other half of our belongings that will be stored for two years.
All these dates are in February, which means come January we will be tearing this house up from top to bottom, sorting and organizing.
Picking these dates made it seem even more real. The Army won't be changing the orders, we WILL be leaving.
We had plans to send some items to my parents house this weekend by doing a vehicle switcheroo. My mom was going to bring down the truck and she would take our van back up. We planned on loading up the van, and then when we come up next weekend we would load the truck up with the rest. Well....this weather has us on a standstill. If it starts to get as bad as they predict, then she won't be able to come down. Not only was she coming down to bring items back, but for the girls' dance recital.
We are stuck waiting to see what happens with the weather, and I have not done a single thing to prepare for her to come. If she comes it won't be till 10 tonight, so I am going to wait until she leaves and if she is coming, I'll start scrubbing the house, making her room up, and picking up groceries. Who wants to do all that work for nothing? Not me....so I am waiting till the last possible minute.