- It's been a rough week, especially the past two days. Nothing in particular, but I feel I have lost my patience a little more each day this week. It will come back, it always does, this I know.
- This week we took a walking adventure. We loaded up the three monkeys, the wagon, and some water and headed to a paved trail. We pulled the wagon a good two miles and returned to the van to then head to a playground. The monkeys wanted to run, and so we hit the track and it was one of those moments where I was living outside of myself and just smiling and embracing it. I can't explain shoes the feeling I felt as I watched and participated with my family running around the track on a beautiful day.
- On a whim, I picked up these small bag/purses for each of the girls that have chap stick, lip gloss, body glitter, and nail polish. They smell delish and glitter from top to bottom (don't worry the nail polish was removed).
- The new shoes I bought have to be returned, which is inconvenient. They are supposed to fit shoes comfortably without a problem, but that was not the case. I put the insoles in and after walking a few minutes I took them off and threw them in anger. The stupid insoles were making my feet slip and no matter how tight I tied my shoes they wouldn't keep my feet secure.
- I need to get this off my chest as well: If you are a mother and wish for more days away from your children and do not want to be responsible for them every day for the rest of your life, than you should have never had children to begin with. Part of being a mother is being devoted to your child/children and putting aside many of your own wants and needs. With that said, I think all parents need a little time away to unwind and rejuvenate. And another thing: this is a vent about someone IRL who can't fathom having to be responsible for her children for the rest of her life, because "Like, when am I going to get my haircut?"
- Finally, I think the monkeys are fighting a sickness and I really hope these booger wiping days are short.
- See....it was not a good week. But, it will get better.
Friday, May 20, 2011
Friday Night Leftovers - Goodbye Patience
Posted by Carrie27 at 1:48 PM