Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stubborn - but at least I admit it

Just a little clarification on the past couple of days.  Addyson's random sickness was just motion sickness as she never got sick or complained since the drive Thursday evening.

Friday morning I got Kinsley an appointment as the antibiotic she was on for the pneumonia gave her what I believed to be a yeast infection (and I was correct).  Yes, we pushed yogurt and extra dairy to help prevent this, but it did not.  While in there, the doc asked a few other questions and decided to have her get some blood work and a urine sample as well.  2.5 hours we had the blood work completed, but still not a urine sample.  We were able to take it home and bring it back when she finally went (which was like a few drops).

The twins and I had a quick lunch and then I had to take them to a friend's house so I could go have some moles removed.  I had two moles removed and biopsied about two years ago, and they were shaved and cauterized.  Not this time.  The giant birthmark on my leg, they only took a small punch out of it (disgusting) and then the one on my back they had to go deeper to get the tissue as well, which left me with stitches.

Convo with doc:
Dr.:  "You know you can't shower for at least 24 hours."
Me:  "Ummm...no (shit I didn't shower this morning, since I did the night before).  I really can't shower?"
Dr.:  "Well, I would prefer you not to, but if you MUST then just make sure you don't have the water beating on your back."
Me:  "Ok.  Anything else I need to know?"
Dr:  "Keep the bandage on for at least 24 hours, come back in a week to have the stitches removed, and don't be doing any bench press."
Me:  "Wait, I can't work out?  (Just really getting back into a groove - damnit!!!)  Can I do some cardio?  You know, like the elliptical or running?"
Dr.:  "You really are stubborn aren't you."
Me:  "Sure am."  
Dr.:  "Well, I would prefer you to simply wait until after your stitches are removed, because I don't need to see you in the ER this weekend."
Me:  "Oh, don't worry.  I wouldn't go in anyway."

I showered last night (face forward - not easy) and of course the bandages fell off.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just read, say something! Sorry, I had to add the word verification - I am being spammed.