Wednesday, October 3, 2012

To make matters worse

On the long two hour home from the doctor on Monday, just as we are half way there Kinsley threw up an insane amount.  We "assumed" it was simply motion sickness, but we all know what happens when you assume.

Yesterday morning Kinsley was her normal rambunctious self, so again I assumed the throw up the day before was simply motion sickness and continued with my tasks of running a couple errands.  About five minutes from reaching home, Kinsley threw up all over the place.  My assumption was clearly wrong.  On my race towards home Eligh declares he has to go potty.  I tell him to hold it as we will be there shortly.

He is shouting in the back, "I am squeezing it really hard!!!"

I get home, unlock the door tell Eligh to sprint to the bathroom and have Kinsley waddle up to the bathroom.  Upon getting upstairs to undress the throw up child, Eligh has obviously not made it in time for the bathroom (a first in probably two years).  Now, I have two baths to give.

Upon finishing baths, I get Kinsley situated on some towels and bucket nearby, feed Eligh some lunch, get him up for a bath and check on Kinsley who is passed out.  103.7 fever - just like that.

She broke her fever, it came back mid afternoon, broke the fever, and came back again around 11 last night along with more vomit which she was gasping to breath and get out.

I am waving my flag on all bad news.  I need a break to digest all that is going on, because it is seriously all too much right now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no!! I'm so sorry to hear this. You guys do NOT need more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize the appointment was LAST Monday. Poor baby.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just read, say something! Sorry, I had to add the word verification - I am being spammed.